भारत सरकारGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
कृषि और किसान कल्याण मंत्रालयMINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMER'S WELFARE
Email ID: Rajesh.Kumar@icar.gov.in
M.Sc: Vegetable Science, GB Pant Univ. of Ag. & Tech., Pantnagar
PhD: Vegetable Science, GB Pant Univ. of Ag. & Tech., Pantnagar
Post Doc (if any):
Gupta Nakul, Manimurugan C, Singh PM, Kumar Rajesh, Vidya Sagar (2022). Determination of the physio-biochemical changes occurring during seed development, maturation, and desiccation tolerance in Moringa oleifera Lam. South African J. Botany 144 (2022) 430-436.
Kumar Rajesh, Rai A., Rai, A. C., Singh V.K., Singh Major, Singh P.M. and Singh, J (2021). De novo assembly, differential gene expression and pathway analyses for anthracnose resistance in chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). J Plant Biochem. Biotech. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13562-021-00668-y.
Nagendran Krishnan, Sweta Kumari, S. Krishnan, Dubey Vikas, Singh AK and Kumar Rajesh (2019). First report of Tomato leaf curl Joydebur virus infecting chilli (Capsicum annuum) in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Plant Disease 103 (11): 2974-2974.
Shukla Anjali, Singh VK, Bharadwaj DR, Kumar Rajesh, Rai Ashutosh, Rai AK, Mugasimangalam Raja, Parameswaran Sriram, Singh Major, Naik PS (2015). De novo assembly of bitter gourd transcriptomes: gene expression and sequence variations in gynoecious and monoecious lines. PLoS ONE 10(6): e0128331. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0128331.
Rai, VP; Kumar, Rajesh; Singh, SP; Kumar, Sanjay; Kumar, Sanjeet; Singh, Major; Rai, M (2014). Monogenic recessive resistance to Pepper leaf curl virus in an interspecific cross of Capsicum. Scientia Horticulturae 172: 34-38.
Garg Ruchi, Kumar Sanjay, Kumar Rajesh, Loganathan Murugan, Saha Sujoy, Kumar Sanjeet, Rai AB, Roy BK (2013). Novel source of resistance and differential reactions on chilli fruit infected by Colletotrichum capsici, Australasian Plant Pathol.42: 227-233.
Dwivedi Neeraj, Kumar Rajesh, Paliwal Rajneesh, Kumar Uttam, Kumar Sanjeet, Singh Major, Singh Rakesh Kumar (2013). QTL mapping for important horticultural traits in pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) J. Plant Biochem. & Biotech. 24 (2): 154-160; DOI 10.1007/s13562-013-0247-1.
Rai GK, Kumar Rajesh, Singh J, Rai PK and Rai SK (2011). Peroxidase, polyphenol oxidase activity, protein profile and phenolic content in tomato cultivars tolerant and susceptible to Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici. Pak. J. Bot. 43(6): 2987-2990.
Kumar Rajesh, Kumar Sanjay, Dwivedi Neeraj, Kumar Sanjeet, Rai Ashutosh, Singh M, Yadav DS and Rai Mathura (2009). Validation of SCAR markers, diversity analysis of male sterile (S-) cytoplasms and isolation of an alloplasmic S-cytoplasm in Capsicum. Scientia Horticulturae 120: 167-172.
- Tomato: Notified by the CVRC (S.O.597 (E); 25 April 2006 - (i) Kashi Amrit (DVRT-1); (ii) Kashi Vishesh (H-86); (iii) Kashi Hemant (IIVR Sel-1); Kashi Sharad (IIVR Sel-2)
- Chillies: Notified by the CVRC (S.O.456 (E) March 2012 – (i) Kashi Sinduri (Paprika chilli -OPV); Kashi Gaurav (OPV); Notified by CVRC (for UP State) S.O. 692(E) Feb. 05, 2019 – (iii) Kashi Tej (CMS-based F1 Hyb); (iv) Kashi Ratna (CMS-based F1 Hyb): (v)
- Garden pea: Notified by the CVRC (S.O. No. 2363 (E) in October 2012 (i) Kashi Samridhi (PM resistant) and Notified by the CVRC (S.O.2277 (E) 17 Aug. 2015 – (ii) Kashi Ageti (Early maturing)
- Genetic Stocks Registered: Tomato- (i) F7028 (INGR 06037) (Tomato –high total carotenoids content); (ii) F6050 (INGR 06036) (Tomato – joint-less peduncle); (iii) NBPGR Tomato-1 (INGR 09065) (Tomato-high- TSS) and (iv) Tripple podded pea (INGR 15009).
- Variety registered with PPV&FRA : Kashi Sinduri; Kashi Samridhi; Kashi Sharad; Kashi Vishesh; Kashi Amrit; Kashi Hemant; Kashi Ageti
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Horticultural Sciences (IAHS), Indian Society of Vegetable Science (ISVS), Uttar Pradesh Academy of Agricultural Sciences (UPAAS).
- Member, National Advisory Committee on Climate Smart Agriculture (NAC-CSA), TIFAC, DST, New Delhi; Member Secretary, QRT – ICAR-IIVR & AICRP (VC) for the period 01.04.2013 – 31.03.2018.
- Harbhajan Singh Gold Medal Award for best papers in Vegetable Science during 2015 and 2019.
- Expert Member (Horticulture) –VBS Purvanchal University, Jaunpur (UP); Honorary Member, Advisory Board TOCIC (TePP Outreach cum Cluster Innovation Centre, Min. of Sci. & Tech., New Delhi), IIT-BHU, Varanasi.
- Distinguished Scientist Awards 2010 by the Society for Recent Development in Agriculture, Meerut; Best poster awards-8; Awarded Merit Fellowship during Ph.D. and Graduate Research Assistantship during M.Sc. Ag.