भारत सरकारGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
कृषि और किसान कल्याण मंत्रालयMINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMER'S WELFARE
Email ID: email@example.com
M.Sc: M.Sc. Ag. (Vegetable Science)
PhD: Horticulture (Vegetable Science)
Post Doc (if any): The University of Adelaide, Australia
Tiwari JK, Buckseth T, Singh RK, Kumar M and Kant S (2020) Prospects of improving nitrogen use efficiency in potato: lessons from transgenics to genome editing strategies in plants. Front. Plant Sci. 11:597481.
Tiwari JK, Buckseth T, Zinta R, Saraswati A, Singh RK, Rawat S, Dua VK, Chakrabarti SK (2020) Transcriptome analysis of potato shoots, roots and stolons under nitrogen stress. Scientific Reports 10:1152
Tiwari JK, Buckseth T, Devi S, Varshney S, Sahu S, Patil VU, Zinta R, Ali N, Moudgil V, Singh RK, Rawat S, Dua VK, Kumar D, Kumar M, Chakrabarti SK, Rao AR, Rai A (2020) Physiological and genome-wide RNA-sequencing analyses identify candidate genes in a nitrogen-use efficient potato cv. Kufri Gaurav. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 154: 171-183
Tiwari JK, Buckseth T, Zinta R, Saraswati A, Singh RK, Rawat S, Chakrabarti SK (2020) Genome-wide identification and characterization of microRNAs by small RNA sequencing for low nitrogen stress in potato. PLoS One 15(5): e0233076.
Tiwari JK, Buckseth T, Singh RK, Zinta R, Saraswati A, Kumar M, Chakrabarti SK (2021) Methylome and transcriptome analysis reveals candidate genes for tuber shape variation in tissue culture‑derived potato. Plant Growth Regulation (2021) 93:319–332 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10725-020-00690-5
Tiwari JK, Plett D, Garnett T, Chakrabarti SK, Singh RK (2018)Integrated genomics, physiology and breeding approaches for improving nitrogen use efficiency in potato: translating knowledge from other crops. Functional Plant Biology 45: 587-605.
Sarkar D, Tiwari JK, Sharma SU, Poonam, Sharma SA, Gopal J, Singh BP, Luthra SK, Pandey SK, Pattanayak D (2011) Production and characterization of somatic hybrids between Solanum tuberosum L. and S. pinnatisectum Dun. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 107: 427-440
Tiwari JK, Poonam, Sarkar D, Pandey SK, Gopal J, Kumar SR (2010) Molecular and morphological characterization of somatic hybrids between Solanum tuberosum L. and S. etuberosum Lindl. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 103: 175-187
Chandel P, Tiwari JK, Ali N, Devi S, Sharma SH, Sharma SA, Luthra SK, Singh BP (2015) Interspecific potato somatic hybrids between Solanum tuberosum and S. cardiophyllum, potential sources of late blight resistance breeding. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 123:579–589.
Tiwari JK, Devi S, Ali N, Luthra SK, Kumar V, Bhardwaj V, Singh RK, Rawat S, Chakrabarti SK (2018) Progress in somatic hybridization research in potato during the past 40 years. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 132:225–238
- Earlier worked on Potato genomics, somatic hybridization, germplasm characterization, molecular markers, pre-breeding and breeding (cv. Kufri Neelkanth)
- Registered more than 10 lines with the ICAR-NBPGR, New Delhi
- Developed pre-breeding materials (somatic hybrids) using wild species
- Identified genes involved in potato late blight resistance, tuberization and nitrogen use efficiency.
- Characterized potato germplasm using molecular markers
- ICAR-Lal Bahadur Shastri Outstanding Young Scientist Award (2020)
- ICAR Hari Om Ashram Trust Award (2019) (Associate)
- NAAS Associateship Award (2018)
- Australian Endeavour Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship Award (2015)
- IAHS (formerly HSI)-DP Ghosh Memorial Young Scientist Award (2021), Fellow: Indian Society of Vegetable Science (ISVS), Confederation of Horticulture Associations of India (CHAI), Associate Fellow of National Academy of Biological Sciences (NABS)