भारत सरकारGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
कृषि और किसान कल्याण मंत्रालयMINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMER'S WELFARE
Kashi Jyoti (VRSG-1-17)
Light green fruits of 100-150 g with yield of 15-18t/ha, resistant to sponge gourd mosaic virus tolerant to Downey mildew and root knot Nematode. Recommended for cultivation in Uttar Pradesh, vide gazette notification number S.O. 692(E), dated 05.02.2019.
- Seed Rate: 3.5-4.0 Kg/ha.
- Time of sowing: Last week of February to 15th March and Last week of June to 15th July.
- Planting: Row to row: 3.5 m, Plant to plant: 75 cm-Summer season, Row to row: 4.5 m, Plant to plant: 75 cm -Rainy season.
- Fertilizer: N.P.K. ratio 100:80:60 with organic compost and 2 foliar spray of WSF (water soluble fertilizer) 19:19:19 (NPK) @ 5 g/litre of water at 35 and 45 days after sowing.
- Bower system is more rewarding during rainy seasons.